- The Open/Close Sensor is set up wirelessly to your home network
- It has a magnetic contact sensor that is pre-set to turn lights on and off whenever doors and windows are opened or closed
- Customize your Sensor settings easily
- You can use the Sensor to set the thermostat
- Receive email and sms when you connect your Sensor to the INSTEON Hub.
- The Sensor uses battery power
Highlights of the INSTEON Open/Close Sensor
Installing Sensors to Your Doors
Thanks to the Open/Close Sensor you don’t have to feel the wall anymore before you locate the light switch in a dark room. As soon as you open your door, the light comes on automatically. The Sensor can be added to garage doors, windows, sheds and closets so that when you open the doors, the light will come on and when you close the door the door, the lights will go off.
The Open/Close Sensor is fitted with secondary settings that allow you to turn on or off one set of lights when one door is opened and another set of lights or devices when the door is closed. The Sensor also allows you to turn the lights brighter when the door is opened and you choose to dim the lights instead of turning them off when the door is closed.
Open/Close Sensor Settings
The Sensor uses battery power to operate and can store all its settings to other INSTEON devices. Even if you are changing the battery, you don’t have to worry about your settings, as everything gets stored in the Sensor’s memory.
An Additional Safety Measure
The Open/Close Sensor allows you to monitor the front and back doors as well as all your windows. If someone if trying to open your window, your Sensor will immediately turn on the light to alert you of the activity at your window.